Orthodontics for Children
Learn more below! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to one of our team members.
More About Orthodontics for Children
According to The American Association of Orthodontics (AAO) children should receive an orthodontic screening by age 7. Dr. Pocock treats children for several issues including:
Problems with Jaw Growth
Problems with Tooth Development
While many kids may visit the orthodontist before or around the age of 7, it doesn’t mean that braces will be put in place right away, it just means that our orthodontist will be able to spot any problems early on. Once we have analyzed your child’s specific issues, our orthodontist will formulate the correct treatment plan and be able to choose the most ideal time to start it.
Here are some reasons to book a consultation for your child:
- Our orthodontist can spot minor issues with jaw growth and emerging teeth while baby teeth are still present.
- Straight teeth doesn’t always mean your child doesn’t need orthodontics. It’s important to get a thorough examination to detect problems that may have been overlooked.
- Bite check: while your child’s bite may be fine right now, our orthodontist can monitor development as they mature. Being proactive can prevent many serious mouth, jaw and teeth problems your child may face later on as a teenager or adult.
- Can correct habits such as thumb sucking that can be harmful to your child’s growth.
- Our orthodontist can help influence where your child’s permanent teeth will come in by addressing the structure of their jaw and teeth while their baby teeth are still in their mouth.
We strive to...
Treat you the same way we like to be treated ourselves
Educate ourselves by taking more continuing education credits than required
Invest in the best technology and supplies
Challenge ourselves and our team to be the best
Insurance & Billing
The cost of your orthodontic treatment will vary, depending on your individual needs and treatment plan. Our staff will discuss the cost of your treatment and each available payment plan option with you, so you can make the best choice for yourself and your smile. We will work with you to create a payment plan that fits your budget, and you will know what to expect before beginning treatment.
Why Choose Our Practice
AFFORDABLE PAYMENT PLANS
Your smile is yours forever, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to receive the best orthodontic care whenever you need it. Our practice accepts most major credit cards. Click here to use our payment plan calculator!
Our educational commitment to patients ensures that you receive all the information you desire in order to make informed decisions and achieve the change you want to see in your smile.
Our team is committed to continuous education, development, and training to keep us at the forefront of orthodontic best practices.
1,000+ Satisfied Patients
We're so thankful to have such amazing patients that have taken the time to share their experiences on Google, Facebook, RateMDs, and other online sources.
Excellent service, super friendly staff... All I can say is , I highly recommend!
1st visit was very pleasant. I stayed in the waiting room enjoying a coffee and a beautiful view while my daughter got her pictures done.
I was very impressed with the knowledge and experience of the visit. I feel my children are in good hands.
Contact Your North Vancouver Orthodontist Smiles by Pocock
224 Esplanade W Suite 600
North Vancouver, BC V7M 1A4
Tues: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Wed: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Thur: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Fri: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Sat: By Appointment Only
© 2023 Smiles by Pocock