A message from
Dr. Paul Pocock
Dr. Paul Pocock
Dear patients’ families and friends,
Thank you for being so patient with us during these very different times. We are planning on slowly reopening the practice as of the middle of May with obviously significant changes in how we practice. Please know that our primary objective is the safety and health of all of patients, their families and our staff and their families.
If you do not feel comfortable returning to the office at this time we totally understand and will do our best to advise and treat you virtually.
I will outline to you how a typical appointment will proceed in the future and point out to you all the measures we have in put in place. These may change as the Covid situation evolves.
- Making an appointment: Please phone the office as normal to schedule an appointment. Please advise us of all orthodontic concerns before the appointment. Obviously the usual Covid restrictions apply. No Appointments if you are sick, if you have just returned from out of province (or country), have a temperature or have been in contact with someone with Covid in the last 14 days.
- Please brush your teeth before coming as our toothbrush station is closed. You will need to bring their own facemask/cover, pen, and eyewear.
- We will ask you to arrive at the building just before your appointment, phone us to say you are in your car (or outside), and we will then let you know if it is safe to come up. If we need you to wait, we will phone you when you can come up to the office. Only young children may have a parent or family member with them. Please wear your own mask or face cover.
When you arrive, we will ask you to fill out a Covid questionnaire, and Covid informed consent form, and have your temperature taken and ask you to disinfect your hands.
- We will then bring just you into the office, only young children needing a parent will be the exception.
- You will then social distance in the office, check in with the front desk and be shown to your treatment area following our new one-way route through the office.
- We will then seat you and have you rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide. We will then perform your treatment using techniques that will not produce an aerosol.
- We will be instituting our usual high standards of cleanliness and sterilisation with additional measures to reduce risk to us all.
- We will use special suction units when appropriate and have Hepa filter units throughout the office to further scrub the air.
- Once your appointment is complete you will continue on the one-way system to the new,” Next appointment desk”, where your next appointment will be made. You will then continue on the one-way system to leave the office via the back door.
- If you become sick, have a temperature, or have any symptoms of Covid within 14 days after seeing us, please let the office know immediately.
- All financial transactions will be dealt with by Jan, our financial coordinator, as usual, but will be done from outside the office using the usual payment avenues we are all getting used to.
- We are going to try to continue to develop our treatment regimes utilising more custom clear aligner therapies to reduce the traditional braces type treatments where possible. We will, when appropriate, increase the time between appointments to reduce the number of office visits but while still maintaining high clinical standards. Therefore, more use of virtual appointments in some situations may be helpful.
- We have had 2 staff meetings to discuss and plan our Covid protocols.
We all really looking forward to seeing you all again. This time away from you made me realise that I truly miss the human contact that we have all been so careful and diligent to avoid. With the plan we have in place I think we can now begin to move towards our new normal.
Best wishes and stay healthy,
Paul Pocock and the Smiles by Pocock Team
I’d like to personally thank all of you for socially isolating and being a part of the solution. If you are a frontline worker or working in an essential service, I’d like to specifically share my gratitude for you and acknowledge your incredible contribution in this most difficult time.
Insurance & Billing
The cost of your orthodontic treatment will vary, depending on your individual needs and treatment plan. Our staff will discuss the cost of your treatment and each available payment plan option with you, so you can make the best choice for yourself and your smile. We will work with you to create a payment plan that fits your budget, and you will know what to expect before beginning treatment.
Why Choose Our Practice
AFFORDABLE PAYMENT PLANS
Your smile is yours forever, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to receive the best orthodontic care whenever you need it. Our practice accepts most major credit cards. Click here to use our payment plan calculator!
Our educational commitment to patients ensures that you receive all the information you desire in order to make informed decisions and achieve the change you want to see in your smile.
Our team is committed to continuous education, development, and training to keep us at the forefront of orthodontic best practices.
1,000+ Satisfied Patients
We're so thankful to have such amazing patients that have taken the time to share their experiences on Google, Facebook, RateMDs, and other online sources.
Excellent service, super friendly staff... All I can say is , I highly recommend!
1st visit was very pleasant. I stayed in the waiting room enjoying a coffee and a beautiful view while my daughter got her pictures done.
I was very impressed with the knowledge and experience of the visit. I feel my children are in good hands.
Put your smile in our caring hands.
224 Esplanade W Suite 600
North Vancouver, BC V7M 1A4
Tues: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Wed: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Thur: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Fri: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Sat: By Appointment Only
© 2021 Smiles by Pocock
Built with Connect the Doc