Clear Aligners: Is there more than just Invisalign?
Clear aligners are a revolutionary orthodontic treatment that can be used to straighten teeth and improve oral health. However, when it comes to clear aligners, many people only think of one brand: Invisalign. But did you know that other brands of clear aligners are out there?
In this blog post, we’ll look at some other brands of clear aligners available and explain why they may be the right choice for you. We’ll also discuss the benefits of clear aligners and their drawbacks.
What are clear aligners?
Clear aligners are a type of orthodontic treatment used to correct misaligned teeth. Unlike traditional braces, clear aligners are made from thin, clear plastic and fit comfortably over your teeth.
The custom-made aligners design gently guides your teeth into the desired position, creating a straighter, more aligned smile.
The benefits of clear aligners
1. Aesthetically Pleasing: Clear aligners are virtually invisible when worn, making them a great option for discreet orthodontic treatment.
2. Comfortable: Clear aligners are made from a BPA-free plastic material that is flexible and comfortable to wear. It means you won’t have to deal with the sometimes uncomfortable metal brackets or wires in your mouth.
3. Convenience: Clear aligners can be easily removed when needed, making them more convenient than metal braces. It means you can eat, drink, brush and floss without worrying about damaging the braces.
4. Low Maintenance: Clear aligners require less maintenance than traditional braces. All you need to do is keep your aligners clean by brushing and rinsing them regularly.
5. Cost-Effective: Clear aligners are usually more affordable than traditional braces, so they are a great option on a tight budget. They can also be customized to fit your needs, meaning you don’t have to pay for unnecessary treatments.
The different types of clear aligners
1. Invisalign: This is probably the most well-known brand of clear aligners and is produced by Align Technology. Invisalign is a custom-made series of clear aligners created using advanced 3D computer imaging technology. They gradually move your teeth into their desired positions with gentle force.
2. ClearCorrect: ClearCorrect uses a patented SmartForce technology, which uses gentle but effective pressure to move your teeth into the desired position. ClearCorrect is designed to be comfortable and fits snugly against your teeth.
3. ClearSmile: This is another popular brand of clear aligners produced by SmileDirectClub. ClearSmile is designed to provide a comfortable fit and offers a series of clear aligners customized for each patient’s needs.
4. Eon Aligners: Eon Aligners uses a unique technology called EonTrack, which scans your mouth to create a personalized treatment plan that ensures your teeth move safely and efficiently.
5. SureSmile Aligners: SureSmile Aligners use 3D imaging technology and computer simulations to move your teeth into the desired position faster.
Ultimately, many clear aligners are available, so finding the one that works best for you is important. Your orthodontist can help you determine the best type for your needs.
At Smiles by Pocock in North Vancouver, we believe in giving our patients the best possible options for their smiles. That’s why we offer a variety of clear aligner brands, so you can choose the one that fits your lifestyle and budget.
Whether you go with Invisalign or one of the other options, rest assured that you’ll get a great product and an even better smile. So why not explore all your options and find the perfect fit?
Contact Your North Vancouver Orthodontist Smiles by Pocock
Tues: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Wed: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Thur: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Fri: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Sat: By Appointment Only
© 2023 Smiles by Pocock